Monday, August 1, 2011

Don Quixote [ep1+2]

Don Quixote tells the story of two guys, from very very different backgrounds, somehow, exchanged bodies one day during an event. Shirota (Mastuda Shota) worked as an officer from the Child Welfare while Sabashima (Katsumi Takahashi) was a yakuza leader, aiming to resume his boss's post, competing with another leader.

Photobucket


Matsuda Shota is SUPERB in this drama! I wasn't really into it in the 1st epi, I thought it was so-so, but after watching 2nd episode, I fell in love with this drama. The story's really simple. So these two guys got their bodies exchanged, and now they had to go on living as each other. Shirota was a very soft spoken/hygiene freak kind of guy while Sabashima, as a yakuza leader was bound to be stocky and really tough/rough person. So watching these two in total opposites after the exchange was really funny and endearing too.

Photobucket


Matsuda Shota literally SHINES in this role. I wasn't into Liar Game before...or his other roles, but this one, this particular one, totally changed my mind. I like his rough attitude and vulgar words just came flying out from his mouth every second! LOlzz...it was fun!

Photobucket

Sabashima now had to take part in the yakuza lifestyle and again, really really fun just watching him crawl under the table (not literally), or just cringe whenever he saw the yakuza fighting or challenging him. He had become a timid and a very polite yakuza leader xDD

Photobucket

The drama is basically episodic in manner, so they had cases in every episode and we see how both Shirota and Sabashima in their own styles try to solve them.

Photobucket

Narumi Riko also co-stars in this drama as a problem child, whose guardian was the Chief of the Child Welfare where Shirota worked at. Her screentime is still minimal, but I think we'll see more of her soon.

Photobucket

Thoughts:
I didn't think I'd enjoy this show as much as I would in the 1st episode. But that changed after episode 2. Matsuda Shota's Shirota is just tooooooo adorable to miss! Even Sabashima is also very interesting and likeable. Both main actors really played their roles very well and I think that alone was enough for me.

Rating:
For both episodes, I'll give it a 8/10. It really was very engaging just to see the chasm between the two polar opposite characters. That said, this is a MUST WATCH too this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...